Sponsored by Iowa Falls Ministerial Association
Served at Bethany Lutheran (2712 Washington Ave.)beginning at 11:50 am Wednesdays throughout Lent
DATE MEAL/MEDITATION BY
- February 14 St. Mark Parish (Ash Wednesday)
- February 21 Bethany Lutheran
- February 28 Evangelical Free
- March 7 First Christian & Open Bible churches
- March 14 First Congregational/UCC
- March 21 First United Methodist (Music by Etude)
- March 28 NO Lenten Luncheon
Holy Week Activities
- Palm Sunday service, March 25, 9:00 and 11:00 am.
- Third Grade Bible Presentation at 9:00 am.
- Wednesday Chapel, March 28, 5:30 pm.
- Tenebrae Service with Holy Communion, March 29, 7:30 pm.
- Meditations of the Cross, Alden UM, March 30, 9:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Holy Saturday service, March 31, 5:30 pm.
- Easter Sunrise service at Alden UM for Alden / Iowa Falls churches, April 1, 7:00 am.
- Easter Breakfast at Alden UM, 7:45 am.
- Easter Worship, April 1, 9:00 and 11:00 am.
- Easter Breakfast at Iowa Falls First UM, 10:00 am.
- NO Sunday School on April 1.
February is FOOD PANTRY MONTH at First United Methodist. Items can be left in the Garden Room grocery cart
Once again, clergy and laity from the Iowa Annual Conference will be sharing daily devotions during the season of Lent. Lent is a time to deepen our faith as we journey with Jesus to the cross and share in his resurrection. If you would like to have the devotions send to your computer inbox every morning, please subscribe at https://iaumc-email.brtapp.com/subscribe.
New Sermon Series —Lenten Sermon Series: Falling Upward
This sermon series takes its title from a book by Richard Rohr. The season of Lent invites us to take up our cross and deny ourselves, to die with Christ in the waters of our baptism, to fall before God and confess our sins. In completely counter-intuitive ways, our falling and dying and denying results in being raised up with Christ. Lent is often known as a time of giving something up in order to make room in our lives for spiritual pursuits. Rather than just “giving up” something in Lent, this season the scriptures ask us to consider all that Jesus is “up to” and all that he asks us to be up to in his name. What must fall away in our lives? How is God calling us to be or best selves, and our best selves as the church?
Upcoming Bible Study Sacred Rhythms: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation
This 8-week study will meet on Tuesdays, beginning January 23, from 7:00 -8:30 pm in the Conference Room.
Do you long for a deep fundamental change in your life with God? Do you desire a greater intimacy with God? Do you wonder how you might truly live your life as God created you to live it? This study introduces you to spiritual disciplines that open us to God’s transforming love and the changes that only God can bring about in our lives.
If you have an interest in this study, please call or email Regina at 641-780-5122 or email@example.com. Books will be made available for $10 each; help us to order accurately!
Communications APP for your tablet or smart phone
The newest means of communication is an APP for your smart phone or tablet. This can be downloaded for free from your App store on your phone or tablet. Search for this by inserting IFUMC or Iowa Falls 1stUMC. From this program you will have access to a Bible program, event calendar, podcasts of the sermon, connection options to the church by email for prayer requests, and to Pushpay, the electronic giving program. If you have any questions or need help, contact Jane Schultz or members of the finance team—Mike Nissly, Brock Jacobson, Tam Elerding and Mitch Meyer. Jane Schultz — firstname.lastname@example.org or 648-9006